Thursday, February 26, 2009

How I Lost My Mom-of-the-Year Award, Chapter 378

The following conversations occurred in my household a few evenings ago.

**

We were having dinner and Sadie grabbed the salt shaker. "Oh shit!" I yelled, as she proceeded to dump a pile of salt on her plate before I could grab it away from her. A few moments later, she knocked over her cup, spilling milk across the table. "Oh shit," she yelled.

**

Later the same evening, I was trying to corral the kids out of the house to go watch Scott's softball game. It was the end of a very long day (still getting used to the work and day care routine - how long do I get to use that excuse for?) and I will be the first to admit that I was far from in my best parenting frame of mind. In a last ditch effort to please-OMG-can-we-just-be-in-the-car-and-driving-for-the-love-of-all-that-is-good-and-I-cannot-be-patient-for-one-second-longer, I screamed out to the heavens, "Just get in the fucking car already!" Moments later as Sadie climbed into her car seat, Dylan noticed that her shoe had fallen off. "Get your fucking Croc," he told her.

**

Oh shit, but we are so fucked. Do I get any points for the fact that at least they are using the words in the proper contexts?

3 comments:

katie said...

Yeah, the first time Hannah said "Dammit" Pat just glared at me. It was so cute, though.

Carolyn...Online said...

I think you have the right attitude. At least they're using it in context.

Chengdus & Don'ts said...

I love that your kids swear like you! You made me feel more human by posting this!